Tampa Jewish Family Services embodies the time-honored tradition of community, of people helping and caring for one another. TJFS is a non-profit human service agency for people of all ages and all walks of life, regardless of race or religion. TJFS offers the community a vast array of services and programs that span across all segments of our lives, from counseling and programs for children to senior adult services that include counseling, Jewish connections and holiday food delivery. From one generation to the next, our obligation is to feed the hungry, guide those in trouble and improve lives.
The Community Food Bank offers food to individuals and families once a month at each of its two locations. Emergency Food Bags are available Monday – Friday. Appointments are required for both types of food distribution. Call 813-960-1848 to make an appointment.
Tampa Jewish Family Services never turns anyone away. In a given year, Tampa Jewish Family Services’ Community Food Bank packs nearly 5,500 bags of food and strives to provide a well-balanced supplement to more than 450 households throughout Hillsborough County each month. The Food Bank primarily operates through the efforts of faithful hardworking volunteers. It is the mission of the Food Bank to help meet the nutritional and social needs of the hungry in the Tampa Bay community.
Tampa Jewish Family Services operates its Community Food Bank at two locations.
The main location is at the agency’s headquarters in Citrus Park, and a satellite location in Brandon serves Eastern Hillsborough County.
The Tampa Jewish Family Services’ Community Food Bank mission to serve those in need is accomplished by:
- Professional screening of potential clients
- Soliciting food and funds from the community
- Storing, distributing and delivering food
- Maintaining cultural and religious traditions for isolated seniors
- Fostering a sense of community by encouraging volunteerism
Citrus Park Food Bank Distribution Dates
First Thursday Each Month
10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
4:30 – 6 p.m.
- March 3, 2016 10:30 amCommunity Food Bank
- April 7, 2016 10:30 amCommunity Food Bank - Citrus
Brandon Food Bank Distribution Dates
Second Thursday Each Month
10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- February 11, 2016 10:00 amCommunity Food Bank - Brandon
- March 10, 2016 10:30 amCommunity Food Bank - Brandon
- April 14, 2016 10:00 amCommunity Food Bank - Brandon