Community Food Bank
The Community Food Bank offers food to individuals and families once a month at each of its two locations. Emergency Food Bags are available Monday – Friday. Appointments are preferred for both types of food distribution; call 813-960-1848 to make an appointment.
Tampa Jewish Family Services never turns anyone away. In a given year, Tampa Jewish Family Services’ Community Food Bank distributes more than 7,500 bags of food and strives to provide a well-balanced supplement to more than 650 households throughout Hillsborough County each month. The Food Bank primarily operates through the efforts of faithful hardworking volunteers.
Tampa Jewish Family Services’ Community Food Bank distributes from the Cohn Campus in Citrus Park, the Bryan Glazer Family JCC in South Tampa, and in Brandon.
The Tampa Jewish Family Services’ Community Food Bank mission to serve those in need is accomplished by:
- Professional screening of potential clients
- Soliciting food and funds from the community
- Storing, distributing and delivering food
- Maintaining cultural and religious traditions for isolated seniors
- Fostering a sense of community by encouraging volunteerism
Cohn Campus Citrus Park Food Bank Distribution Dates
First Thursday Each Month
10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
4:30 – 5:30 p.m.